Millions of people in the United States have found themselves in a role of providing senior care for an older family member, and although being a family caregiver is exceedingly fulfilling in many ways, the day-to-day responsibilities involved with senior care can come to be tedious for both the caregiver and the older adult. Heaven at Home Senior Care, providers of the professional senior care Frisco and the greater Dallas area residents need, wants to help you in putting the fun back in your loved one’s everyday life. All it requires is a little ingenuity! Try some of these enjoyable activity ideas for seniors to help brighten your loved one’s day and make everyday senior care more interesting:
These suggestions can add some style and fun to dressing, doing laundry, and other tasks:
- Ask the older adult to assist with laundry (sorting/folding/putting away). Use this time to talk about your day, a television show you both like, etc.
- Flip through magazines and catalogs and circle fashions you think the other would look good in.
- Make picking out clothes and accessories to wear each day a fun event!
Spice Up Meals
Food is part of our culture, family history and heritage, and is linked to numerous emotions. Make mealtime more fun by:
- Involving the older adult in washing/drying dishes.
- Inviting the senior to assist in preparing a traditional family recipe.
- Enjoying meals outdoors when weather permits.
Try Something New
There’s always something new to be learned, and no better time than now to pick up a new pastime or pursue a goal. There are quite a few virtual classes available, with some geared particularly to older adults and offering reduced (or no-cost) rates. Look for possibilities to learn:
- A new language.
- How to play a musical instrument
- Skills such as knitting, cooking, cultivating plants, sculpting – the options are unlimited!
Heaven at Home Senior Care’s senior care professionals realize that providing care for an older loved one can be both gratifying and stressful, and we want you to know that you are not alone. As providers of the trusted senior care Frisco area seniors need, we offer friendly companionship, personal care services such as bathing, dressing, and grooming assistance, and motivation to engage in a variety of fun activities for seniors.