Benefits of Home Care: Finding the Right Agency for Your Loved One
- By: heavenAdmin
- Benefits of Home Care
When it’s time for a helping hand at home, choosing the right in-home care agency is a very important decision. Make sure loved ones receive the highest quality care available by thoroughly researching your local options. Talking with friends, neighbors, and other trusted advisors and professionals to learn more about home care agencies in your community is a great place to start.
When you begin interviewing potential home care agencies, the following are some helpful questions to ask to help you determine if an agency is right for your family:
- How long has the agency been serving the community?
- Does the agency have printed materials explaining services and costs?
- Does the agency offer a Patient’s Bill of Rights that outlines rights and responsibilities of both the agency and the patient?
- Does the agency determine a care plan with input from the patient, his or her physician, and family?
- How closely are caregivers supervised?
- Will family members be informed of the care their loved ones are receiving?
- How are caregivers hired and trained? What type of employee screening is done?
- How does the agency ensure patient confidentiality?
- How does the agency handle billing?
- What procedures are in place to handle and resolve conflicts or problems? Who should you call if you have any complaints?
Finding the right caregiver for your loved one is also important. Be sure to ask if you will be able to interview caregivers to find the right fit, and what happens when your loved one’s caregiver must take a day off. If you would like more information about how to find the right agency in the Denton, Texas area, contact Heaven at Home at 866-381-0500. Our staff will be happy to help.