Are Your Elderly Parents Safe? Use This Checklist to Make Sure.
- By: heavenAdmin
Springtime is the perfect season to spend a little extra time with Mom, celebrating with a special meal for Mother’s Day, getting out together in the warm sunshine to enjoy the beauty of new growth…but spending more time together can also mean observing little signs that you’ve previously overlooked that may indicate a need for assistance.
Care Conversations offers the following checklist of items to pay attention to while visiting with an elderly loved one:
- Confusion, forgetfulness
- Problems with medication management
- Being unaware of safety concerns
- Skipping doctors’ appointments
- Making mistakes in paying bills
- Sending money to unfamiliar businesses or people
- Lack of interest in previously enjoyed activities
- Avoidance of social situations
- Excessive sleeping
- Changes in eating
- Struggling with activities of daily living: dressing, walking, bathing, etc.
- Increased incident of falls
- Difficulty with cleaning or keeping the house in order
If you’re concerned about any of these warning signs in your senior family members, it may be a good time to begin researching options for in-home care to address your specific areas of concern. Heaven at Home of Denton, TX understands what a life-changing event it can be to introduce a caregiver into your family’s life, and can help smooth the way for the transition, maintaining the dignity and independence of your loved one at all times. Some of the many services we provide include:
- Hygiene assistance
- Incontinence care
- Help with medications
- Meal preparation
- Light housekeeping
- Transportation and accompaniment to doctors’ appointments, errands, etc.
- And much, much more
The safety and wellbeing of seniors is our top priority. Call us at 866-381-0500 to let us know how we can help you.