Today, seniors are swamped with an explosion of high tech senior home care products targeted at enhancing their safety and independence and improving their lives. With just the click of a few buttons, they can instantly visit “in person” with loved ones through Skype, wear a bracelet that responds with emergency help when needed, even stay safe from wandering with sensors on clothing or shoes.
The issue becomes how to inspire seniors (and those who care for them) to shift from a low-tech mindset to embracing all that’s available to them. A recent Caring.com survey showed that as few as 15% of families providing care for loved ones are actually using senior home care technology.
The common hurdles:
- Help. Setting up devices and understanding how to use them causes many older adults and their caregivers to give up on trying to get gadgets to work.
- Many people see the use of some types of technology, such as medical alert gadgetry, as a sign of lost independence.
- Finding time to learn and teach something new to a senior loved one is particularly difficult for busy family caregivers.
If you’re ready to try and integrate a little technology into caregiving for a senior loved one but are facing these problems, call on Heaven at Home Senior Care for help. Our sensitive and patient caregiving assistants can help overcome the technology hurdles by:
- Making recommendations for senior home care technology that suits a loved one’s needs and personality
- Setting up and providing information on how to use the technology
Whether it is setting up a personal medical alert system or teaching someone how to enjoy applications on a tablet device, we can help seniors remain connected to family and friends and enjoy a richly rewarding life. Want to learn more about Heaven at Home Senior Care’s services? Contact us today through our simple online form and let us know how we can help!