As a patient’s needs change, so does his or her care environment. Oftentimes, patients move through the spectrum of care multiple times, transferring from home health services to full service private pay home care and back to home health services as new care needs arise. In order to assure that patients receive an excellent level of care throughout these transitions, home health and private pay agencies must work together.
Providing patients with smooth transitions between care providers through better referrals allows for:
- Better patient outcomes
- Decreased hospitalizations
- The majority of care to be delivered in the home
How Home Health Care and Full Service Private Pay Home Care Agencies Can Work Together
- Whether being discharged from the hospital or a skilled nursing facility to return home, patients are at their most vulnerable when transitioning from one care setting to another. This is due to potential small gaps in care during the transition. Referring to a professional, reputable private pay agency will close these care gaps, allowing for safer, more comfortable patient transitions.
- Oftentimes, a physician’s care plan requires more services than for what Medicare reimburses. Working with a private pay agency allows the home health agency to refer for a wider range of services.
- A private pay patient with chronic care needs may experience an acute episode where home health services are then required. The private pay agency servicing this client can refer the patient to a reputable home health agency in order to keep the patient in the home rather than move to a facility.
Provide smoother transitions as patients travel through the continuum of care by making referrals to agencies such as Heaven at Home for private pay home care needs. To learn more, call 866-381-0500.